@mention feature can be used in task description and comments. In order to use this feature, you can follow the below steps-
In Task description-
- Click on +Quick Links> Tasks under New menu.
- On the Create task form, refer to the description field, add your description and type ‘@’. Auto-suggestions will appear showing tasks and team members in that project.
- Provide details such as task title, type, task linking, etc. You can tag the tasks or any team member as required and click on Save.
- Once the task is created, people added to that task description box will get an email notification regarding this task.
In Task Reply or Comments-
- Navigate to task listing page of the project and select on a specific task for which you want to add a comment or reply.
- In the task detail page, navigate to reply section, add your message and type ‘@’. Auto-suggestion will appear adding showing tasks and team members in that project. Once a reply is added click on the Comment button to add the comment.
- Use @ to quickly get the list of users as well as tasks to tag them in your comment.
- Once the task comment is added, people added in the comment will get an email notification regarding this task and its comments.
You can access all @mentions from one central listing page and respond to them intuitively without having to navigate to other task views.