- Login to your Orangescrum account with your credentials.
- Once you have logged in, go to the “Tasks” section from the left menu. (Refer to Image-1)
- Click Quick Links > Task (Refer Image-1) (Image-1)
- Attachments:- Attachment allows you to attach the files that are related or required for the task.
- Priority:- You can set the priority of the task. If the task needs to be completed fast or is important then you can mark it as high. If a task has low priority then you can mark it as low.
- Task type:- Choose the type of task(Refer Image-1)
- Task template:- Like a project template, if you have certain tasks which are performed same way for all/maximum projects, then you can create a task template of the task and just add it to the template.
Tips: Using a Task template saves time from defining task description manually while creating tasks.
- Start Date:- The date on which the task will be started.
- Due Date:- The date on which task is to be completed.
Tips: –You can directly enter your spent hours while creating the task. If the task is assigned to you, you can find time range field while creating task
- Estimated hour:- Minimum hours required to complete the task.
- Notify via email:- Users selected in this section will receive notifications of the activities done in the task. If I mark Daniel Jones, then he will be informed about the updates done to the task.
- Related to:- You can link to related, duplicated or derived tasks.
- Label:- You can label your task as per your requirement.
- Don’t show the task to the client:- Your client will not be able to view the task or get the updates about the task.
Moreover, you can also create a Recurring Task.
2. Click on ‘Save & Cancel‘.